Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fitbit problems

I recently got a fitbit flex to motivate me to walk 10,000 steps a day.  It's been truly a great tool to get me moving, every day.  I'm proud that most days I meet the goal whereas before I wouldn't have bothered.  I've even gotten some friends to move, in the spirit of trying to outdo me! If you don't know about them, you should definitely research them. Check it out here.

Well, imagine my frustration today when my darn thing DIED!!  I thought maybe the battery went dead but it is not charging.... UGH.

Anybody own one of these contraptions and have a similar problem?  I bought it at Target and have every intention of bringing it back as soon as I get back home (dh and I are enjoying a little R&R in Hawaii this week).

On a quilting note, I do hope to be able to run into my favorite quilt store on the island, Kapaia Stitchery in Lihue.  Their Hawaiian fabrics are so tempting!!

Hope everyone had a great week.
Getting ready for Mother's Day??

Randy

9 comments:

  1. Mine died too, and I went and replaced the battery at Walmart of all places, and I am back in business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The battery is supposed to last four months with moderate use. You can get batteries at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also recently bought a Fitbit flex, it's been a great motivator to walk my 10000 steps per day. mine has a rechargable battery in it, which luckily is still going. Very frustrating for you. Hope you are able to exchange for a new working one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the gizmos are great when they work aren't they? I don't have a fitbit so I am no help. BUT have a great time in Hawaii. I bet you can easily do your steps there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of getting one of those. I'll be interested to know if you get the problem worked out.
    Hawaii? Cool! Never been there--hope to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Zip and need to replace the battery about every six months. I love it though and it's been very motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one of the first Flex that were released (I had preordered from the website). My battery often 'dies', but it is rechargable with the USB. Sometimes I find that it is a tad finicky about how I seat the connection in the usb-charger cable, but overall, I've had mine since the beginning and have had no problems.

    I'd be interested in hearing how you fixed your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really appreciate you for all the valuable information that you are providing us through your blog.
    Barristers

    ReplyDelete