Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Baskets done~

Look at me. I'm on a roll.  Three posts in 3 days!  We'll see how long that lasts!!  We don't have the grandkids this coming weekend so I'm hoping I'll get some sewing done... and maybe even a little clean up of the sewing disaster room! More hourglass blocks are in the forecast too... I'm hoping to get it done soon!

I am going to do Cécile's basket sew a long this year.  Last year I did their log cabin one and had a blast.  It's great because the only rule is that you have to make a certain number.  I like that freedom.  I'm going to do mine in different sizes and then play with putting them together.  I like that I can make one in a short time and call it DONE!!

I started with 5" ones;  I have a great little pattern for a 10" block so I'm thinking 4 of the little guys next to a big one!  Or maybe sashing in between?  Years ago I made one of my all-time favorite quilts which is a basket sampler after a week long class I took at Asilomar with Alex Anderson.  I have it hanging in our cabin in Oregon.  I'll take a picture next time I'm up there (in two weeks).  It is a great quilt, if I do say so myself.






Hope you are all staying safe and warm. Looks really cold and snowy in the East.  We finally got some rain in California!

7 comments:

  1. I so enjoy makig basket blocks of all sorts...pieced and applique. Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I felt like I could join this SAL, but it isn't realistic for me right now. I love baskets. These look great, Randy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a a sucker for baskets ! Yours are so lovely! I can't wait to see what you make with them.
    How is your mom doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love basket blocks! Yours are so pretty!! Woke up to freezing rain in Central Oregon this morning!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are delicious! I love the idea of all different sizes. Mine will be as simple as possible so that I can finish on time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little baskets are adorable! I love doing Bea and Cecile's SAL's because we can be so flexible--hope we both can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great basket blocks! Sounds like a fun sew along.

    ReplyDelete